Wednesday 30 March 2016

Hot Drink?


I am always asking people if they want a hot drink. It is undoubtedly because I appreciate them myself. It is not even for the caffeine! I just like taking five every now and then to pop the kettle on. Sometimes I’ll have one as I work, others I’ll clutch a mug as I read, browse or write. I appreciate the very act of curling my fingers around a steaming mug of something - even better when it warms your winter/ early spring/ late autumn cold fingers!

Have you ever heard of the Swedish word Fika? It describes the concept in their culture of ‘having coffee’ and taking a break with one’s friends, family or colleagues. I am sure that they have realised long before I did that there is magic in a hot drink!

I made this greetings card for a friend - just one of my favourite people to ‘grab a coffee’ with! To us, it is not just about the hot drink, but we really appreciate the aesthetic and ‘look’ of different cafes too! I’ll get a cappuccino, she’ll get a hot chocolate and its full steam ahead if there is a tempting piece of cake too!

Have a very merry Wednesday!

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment