Tuesday 18 October 2016

Everything Autumn


There is nothing quite like Autumn. It is almost as if I forget every year how much I love it and cling onto Summer with everything I've got. I only remember when I witness my first misty morning - when the sun shines out through the haze over the hill of trees that I can see from my kitchen window. 

It is then that I remember the colours, the refreshing chill, the dewy grass and this year I've been embracing it as much as I can. With work and life to get along with I've still tried to take some time, even minutes, to soak up some of what I love about the outside in Autumn. Some days I have made a coffee and gone outside to drink it, armed with a fleece and a thick pair of socks!


Last Saturday I took a chance to enjoy it even more. We bundled ourselves into the car in the morning. At a time when the sky was still a little grey and it was cold enough to question whether three layers was really enough. It was plenty. 

There is nothing quite like Autumn when you are greeted at your destination by boxes of apples in all sorts of brilliant colours and then, as you wander around, the sun slowly emerges and you have to shed a layer. 

 





Remember those days of scouring the ground for conkers? For me they will never be gone and on Saturday I swapped conkers for sweet chestnuts. There was something satisfying about the noise they mad as they clinked together in my hand.





As we walked around we were accompanied by a handful of woodland animals - plenty of squirrels and a few robins. It was only at the end of the morning that I finally managed to capture a half decent picture of this little guy before he flitted away! 

This October is a good one!

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment