Friday 12 February 2016

Currently Loving

With Valentine’s Day at the end of the week I thought I would be extremely cheesy and share some of the things that I currently love!


Clockwise from Top Left

1. I’ve got décor on the brain and although I am not sure how much log cabin I could bring to a room with no wooden walls in sight, I could spend a while browsing cabins on apartment therapy.        

2. Every now and then I read about art installations that have already been and gone. Yet I still like the idea of them.  After I read this article about Rebecca Louise Law, I found my way onto her website and spent a little while looking around. Some of my favourites include this lovely totem. I like the idea of stumbling across something like this in the street as you go about your day to day.

For a girl who is more at home in the countryside than cities. I liked what Rebecca had to say about bringing a touch of her childhood into the urban environment in this video. Around the 1 minute mark she mentions “a moment of ahh” - Art doesn’t always have to do any more than that! 

3. Make more detours. I like the message whether it is applied to exploring new cities and road trips on your travels or making last minute plans in the everyday.  

4. I love the big, bold and colourful patterns of these duvets and pillowcases.

5. VHS is a thing of the past and we’ll look back on them with nothing but nostalgia and, just as the description of this print says, their ‘bold colours and retro shapes’ are ‘beautiful’ and 'appealing.'

I hope you have a good weekend!

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment