Tuesday 20 December 2016

CubFest


Earlier in the year I was invited to have a stall at CubFest - TheWildest Promise Party Ever - an event to celebrate the 100th Birthday of Cubs - and last Friday I went along and joined in the fun.   

While I knew some of what PACCAR Scout Camp had planned I didn't know what to expect so it was really great to see it all come to light. Gazebos around the edge of the field boasted activities and their Christmas Market stalls were strung with coloured lights - I've never seen my table of offerings glow in quite the same way before! I am a sucker for lights at Christmas time so I was in my element! With food, coffee and live music too, I was happy.


I think part of it was because I was a Scout. Almost ten years ago I went to a camp to celebrate the Scout centenary and I can remember wandering around with my friends like it was yesterday. So with a little bit of nostalgia, it was really nice to see everyone’s excitement as they arrived and as the evening went on - Such a great atmosphere to witness and be a part of.

Hope you had a good day!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment