Friday 23 June 2017

RHS Chatsworth Flower Show


I am at home in the countryside and I think there is something really nice about summer when flowers are blooming and everything is as green as it can be. Which means I was pretty happy a couple of weeks ago as I wandered around the beautiful grounds of Chatsworth at its first RHS flower show.

There were prize winning gardens, natural installations, and blow up greenhouses. There were dozens of cacti and some of the most intricate plants I've ever seen including an allium called 'Art' - a simple and apt name!


The weather was a mixed bag. I started the day in layers, put my hair up against the wind and a scarf on, and then by the end of the day I had shed almost all of it and was having my first ice cream of the summer!

Below are a few snaps I got from the day.




I think my favourite part of the show was the giant greenhouse. It was a blow up dome based on The Great Conservatory that used to be in the grounds of Chatsworth. Heated by coal it was demolished after World War 1 as the cost of it became too much and they didn't have the man power to run it. I was completely inspired by beds full of striking white striped leaves and all the vivid reds and oranges. 





It was a chance to spend time with two of my favourite people in the beautiful grounds of Chatsworth, and with food trucks, coffee and live music too it was a pretty nice way to spend a day!

Have a lovely weekend!

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment