Monday 4 July 2016

Love Blossoms!


I made this Japanese blossom greetings card a couple of months ago for a wedding in May. I was asked to make a card that picked up on the themes of the invitation which also featured paper cranes and blossom.  

When I was first asked to make this wedding card I had visions of myself trying to conjure tiny little origami cranes out of paper. I abandoned that idea, and instead I layered small cut out paper parts to create the focal point of this design.

I framed the two cranes with two branches of Japanese cherry blossom. I used black for the branches in the style of some traditional Japanese art and design and I think this, with the white background, makes the other colours pop. For the blossom I combined my usual textured papers with sparkly pink and pearl centres.

I enjoyed making this wedding card. It was an opportunity to work with a theme in my style and try something I hadn’t done before. Custom orders are always fun!

I hope you had a good weekend!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment