Tuesday 26 April 2016

National Stationery Week #2 Happy Mail

A piece of post through the letter box has the power to put a smile one someone’s face. Whether it is a birthday card, a letter or a magazine subscription, it is something different from the norm. You’ll either read kind words from a loved one or lose yourself reading about something you have a real interest in.

Cards and letters cross time and distance. They don’t need immediate replies so they’re a more relaxed way of communicating. I’ve been told that letters I’ve sent sound exactly like me. That makes sense as they’re what I would have said if the recipient had been right in front of me. I suppose I could have texted, emailed or called but a letter or a card is something someone can keep and read again. Looking back at it one day, it might make them smile in the same way it (hopefully) did when it landed on the mat the first time round. That’s why I cherish the letters I’ve received anyway.

What do we write these letters on? I send cards but I also use writing paper sets and have used pieces of lined A4 paper before. Coloured pens come in handy for livening up the latter! I actually still have the last few sheets of writing paper from sets I had when I was little. Some of my favourites are teeny tiny pieces of paper that I would use to write letters to the tooth fairy! (She replied every time!)

You might think of it just as a letter or a card to say hi but I am sure it is going to make the person at the other end smile anyway! So the next time you’re thinking of getting in touch with a person, consider sending some happy mail.

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment