Monday 15 May 2017

Sunday


A little slice of my Sunday. 

1. Yesterday I planted a strawberry pot! I am hoping that I can grow at least a handful of strawberries from the plants we have. There'll be something satisfying about growing my favourite fruit! Kneeling in the sun with mud on my hands yesterday afternoon was nice enough even if my attempts are not very fruitful! (These strawberries are from my fruit greetings card)

2. The other day I found this recipe for an orange and rhubarb cake. I don't bake very often but this was a different choice for me. There was no chocolate in sight! Now my cake didn't look as aesthetically pleasing as the pictures on The Kitchen Paper (my Instagram picture proves this) but it was still a very tasty cake to eat.

3. I stumbled across a painting not long ago which led me to this blog. I wish I could remember which painting I first saw because it perfectly captured a thought of mine. I spent a little while browsing a few of these personal messages yesterday. They convey big ideas and make you think.

4. Yesterday I baked and I cooked. Good Food is a great go to for recipes and this Fruity pork steak was a hit in my house. With red onions, apples and a five spice dusting to the pork it had a great flavour!

I hope you had a good weekend!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment